Now that we have a pretty good idea what the quilt will look like, I will now share my expeience with this exercise today by posting these cautions and warnings.
1. Do not decide to do the quilt with a different color way than origianlly planned without carefully reading the quantities required - 2 yards of a lucious red does not equal three yards of a dull black.
2. Do not assume that you can substitute Light for Dark without checking your quantities of each - 1 yard of a lucious light green does not equal 2 yards of a lucious dark red.
3. Do recheck your seam allowance periodically especially if you are doing another sewing project at the same time - a 1/2" seam for a pants repair does not equal a 1/4" seam of a quilt block.
4. Do know up from down and left from right - flying geese bits do not magically change direction just because you want them to at the last step.
5. Do not expect to produce a quilt equal to the mystery one even if you are really, really good at fudging things if you do not follow the instructions precisely.
I will now try to salvage something from this exercise by randomly joining bits and pieces together in some order so I can at least say that I made a candle mat today.
If I can get the bits and peices to fit together I will post a picture but until then I hope you and yours have a happy and healthy new year.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!