Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sock #1 Reincarnation

A couple of days ago I shared with you my first sock in all its mis-shapen glory. My first thought was to make it into a sap. It seemed pretty easy... just fill it with buckshot and throttle any bad guys that come close enough to hit.




There was just one small problem with that idea.

My huge sock filled with buckshot would have been too heavy to pick up and use.



On to Plan B.



My next idea was to make into a knitting tool bag.



Small problem here as well. I already have a lot of knitting tool holders... some I have made and some I have bought. I really don't need another tool holder as all my tools are in holders.


On to Plan C.


Then inspiration struck. I have a pair of sun glasses that are huge. They fit over my regular glasses and can be easily scratched when tossed into my purse or tote bag. This is what I came up with:



I lined the sock with some leftover fabric, added a channel for a draw string and make a twisted cord from some of the leftover yarn as a closure.


The sock is a little big for the sun glasses. I used it the other day and had an inquiry from another woman in line as to where I had bought it. I guess, in this case, size doesn't matter.


If your first sock will never have a mate, find a re-use for it. Grab some fabric, make a lining and add a closure. Then you can look around and see if anything will fit. A little backwards from my concept but it will probably surprise you at how much stuff will fit in your Sock #1.


BTW - all the scratches on the table top under the sock are from Alex and the Girls using that table to watch out the upstairs window for any exciting happenings outside. If anything exciting does comes by, they scrabble off the table to run and bark out the downstairs window. Those little nails are really sharp, thus the scratches.

No comments: