I decided that instead of doing all the things that needed to be done I would make an effort to work through some of my UnFinished Objects (UFOs). I'm proud to say that the pile is almost manageable after a day of working on it.
Here's what happened on my free day:
- finished up and labeled two wheel chair bags
- put binding and labels on four charity quilts
- made six identical blocks for a lottery block exchange
- made a block for another lottery block exchange
- made another block for another lottery block exchange
- made a block for a quilt for a friend's grandchild
- made a denim pencil case as a sample for a charity project
- wrote the instructions for the pencil case
- finished quilting a biggish quilt for a chairty quilting group
- put mitered borders on a finished quilt top
- pieced a backing for the quilt top above
- labeled 11 other wheelchair bags
- made the sock #1 bag
- finished knitting another pair of socks
I think I need to do this more often... ignore the household tasks that can just eat up my days and work on many small UFOs. I certainly went to bed with a smug look on my face knowing that the UFO pile would be quite a bit smaller the next day even though those necessary tasks were still there. The necessary tasks were completed over the next couple of days and I still had a smug look on my face from reducing the UFO pile.
I hope your weekend is going well and that your UFO pile has not grown. Now back to that pile of clutter... this could take a while!