Sunday, August 5, 2007

Five Fat Quarters (cont'd)

Actually this post is a cheat.

I bought Six Fat Quarters in a beautiful pattern designed by Anna Griffin and I couldn't find any space in my fabric drawers to stuff them for later use. That made me consider that I really needed to get some use of my fat quarters which then led to the previous post on Five Fat Quarters and the making of the grocery bags.

Thus the cheat.. this post is about using up six fat quarters rather than five.

The next day, after the grocery bag frenzy, I was trying to find size 5 double pointed needles and realized that my search would have been swifter if I had my double pointed needles organized. That led to the creation of organizers for both my double pointed and circular knitting needles. The first photo below shows the cases all tied up while the second shows the interiors. I did use the embroidery machine to do the labels on the outside. The ties for the circular needle case were made from scraps while the ties for the double pointed needles were made from the ribbon that the fat quarters were wrapped in when I bought them.

And, yes, I do have a lot of double pointed needles. I inherited most of them from my mother and my grandmother. My grandmother made many pairs of socks so most of them were in her sewing box. I don't think I will ever buy a set again... unless I need size sixes... they seem to be missing from my array of sizes.
Have a good week!

No comments: