Thursday, May 5, 2011

R.I.P. Kimora

Today started off on a high note and suddenly, without warning, turned tragic.


The high note was set when I was able to scratch the sweet spot on all three dogs at the same time after our walk this morning.  The rear leg thumping by all three did not last long but my two hands and their three necks made it happen.


The low point cam a few hours later when our sweet, big girl Kimora died after an encounter with a coral snake in our back yard.  In the end,  it was a little over an hour from when she ingested the venom to when the veterinarian  declared her dead.

She was a sweet dog who would always hide between my feet when encountering new people and new situations but fearless when it came to keeping critters out of the back yard.  Squirrels, birds, worms, bugs and turtles all knew the wrath of Kimora.  Today her luck ran out and, as they could not find a bite mark, it appears that she ingested the venom from a coral snake and quickly went into shock.

Here are some of my favorite pictures of her and some of my favorite posts about her, here, here and here.
  














Rest in peace my good, big girl and say hello to Jane from all of us.  I know you are snuggled up to each other dreaming of catching those elusive squirrels.

3 comments:

Yoshi said...

I'm tremendously sorry for your loss, Alice. You spoke so lovingly of her and your other dogs today (even when you were describing their mischievous ways), so I know she was very dear to you. You have my deepest sympathies.

Unknown said...

Jane and Baby Girl will take real good care of her! I'm sure Jane is running them both ragged! Love & miss you...Ann

Joanne said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet dog, Alice.