Friday, January 7, 2011

Thank You, Moda Bakeshop!

Moda Fabrics, a division of United Notions in Dallas, offers wonderful fabrics and home dec. items for quilters world wide.


A few years ago they began to offer for sale fabric lines that were pre-cut into popular sizes.  They started with 2 1/2 inch strips of coordinating fabrics and called them Jelly Rolls.


Jelly Rolls.. like the little cakes.


They have since gone onto to creating other pre-cut sets called layer cakes, desert rolls, honey buns, charms and turnovers.


To support quilters everywhere who hate love good looking quilts with the minimum of fuss Moda has created a blog called the Bakeshop where many quilts, and other projects, are posted using the pre-cut packs.


I love the Bakeshop and have just finished my third quilt using their recipes(cute, right?).


Here's the latest one I just finished the other day:


Now that it's all quilted up and bound I really like it and will add it to my rotation of quilts that the dogs and I use for afternoon naps.


Thank You Moda!!!!


Now, to find some more quick, fun quilt patterns to use up some of my fabulous stash!


I hope you have great plans for the weekend.


I do not but..... I will feel very smug if I can keep myself from the biggest local end-of-year sale of quilting fabrics.  Painted Pony 'n' Quilts is having their annual sale and this will be the first year in many that I have not made it down there.  


I will be strong in the possibility of $2.00 a yard bolts of fabric just an hour down the road.


I will be strong!!!!


I will be strong!!


I will be strong...


Oh rats.... 9:00 am tomorrow morning is not too early for bargain shopping... right?

No comments: