Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cold Floor Socks

The weather is beginning to get warm here so the A/C will soon be working overtime. 

One of the A/C friendly things about this house is that most of the ground floor floors are ceramic tile.  Although I may not like the color too much, it does help to keep the temperatures down by being cool to cold all season long.

In the winter that doesn't bother me as the floors do seem to warm up but in the summer they are down right frigid.  All that cold air pooling on the floor may make the rest of the room delightful but my feet end up freezing.

I mentioned a few posts ago that I wanted to try my hand at another pair of DK weight socks and these are what I came up with:

Pretty Colorful, yes?

The yarn is Plymouth Yarns Dream Baby DK Yarn.  It is all acrylic/nylon and has a very soft hand.  The colors are wonderful... sort of like a fiesta for the feet.

The spiral pattern created by the color changes was an unexpected bonus.

Cold floors?  Bring them on!

No comments: