Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sock Club #2

The April entry in this year's Twisted Yarns' Sock Club are a pair of DK weight socks celebrating spring and our favorite provider of natural yarns...sheep!

I picked the kit up on Saturday the 10th and finished them on Monday the 12th.

Yup, I was obessed about them.

The obsession comes not from the actual product but because these socks contained a couple of things I have never used in socks.

One was the heavier wieght of yarn from traditional sock yarn.  I actually had to give up my size 0 needles for some size 3s... it felt like I was using baseball bats.  In addition, the duplicate stitched sheep added some bulk on the sides of the legs which I thought would feel weird but doesn't.

Here's how they turned out:



The designer is Lisa Carnahan of Lisa Knits and the yarn is Rowan's Cashsoft which is 10% Cashmire.  I just machine washed them and they seemed to felt up a bit but are still wearable and comfortable.

I am knitting up a second pair usng the same weight of yarn without the duplicate stitch embellishment just to see if I can make a wearble pair of DK weight socks a second time.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: