Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ready for Borscht

Not really but I just had to share this cute little drawstring bag I made during two bad movies and one good one this past weekend.

I am going to line it with some silk so it can be used for little knitting projects like making premie hats from the leftover yarns I have from making socks.

The bag is part of a kit from Knit Picks. The kit looks like it will have enough yarn in it to make more than just the six bags in the Kit.

The kit did include beads for this bag but I just couldn't see beads on a beet.

The only difficulty I had with ths pattern is that the majority of the instructions are in chart form ...not my favorite way to knit a pattern.

A clever part of the project is that the whole thing can hang off your wrist as the leaves (there are two) are joined into a loop.

How cool is that?

The bag turned out to be about nine inches long with a five inch opening. It can hold at least half a dozen little balls of leftover sock yarn. I really will have to line it if I do not want the needles to fall through the holes in the knitting.

Have a great week!

No comments: