- quilting bias cut fabric means that you eliminate all the give of bias cut fabric.
- when the instructions say that 18" squares are your right size, cutting 17" squares is not a good idea.
- too tight jackets like this can be made wearable by wearing a tight bra and/or shirt underneath and then adding a zipper. It will fit snuggly but not be uncomfortable
- raw seams on the interior make a jacket like this un-reversable.
- when you are quilting squares like this together is probably better that the fabrics be cut a tad larger than needed so you can square it up before actually making the jacket.
- if your zipper is heavy duty and a tad long, your can still use it in this type of relaxed neckline... just don't zip it all the way to the top.
I got a lot of compliments on this jacket from sewers and non-sewers alike. I don't think they were just being kind as it did look rather good on me. Although I made it for Christmas I know I can wear it during any cool weather here. One other thing I did was to shorten the sleeves to about elbow length as the full length version was a bit tight at the wrist for me.
I hope your new year has begun on a positive note that will carry through the rest of the year. We can only hope!