Friday, April 25, 2008

Priceless

Yesterday Alex got a clean bill of health from the vet. His belly wound will take a couple of months to heal completely however everything else is just fine. As I was driving home all I kept thinking about was how our lives have changed over the past couple of weeks. Just over two weeks ago I had to transport him in a cardboard box because there were so few places on his body that didn't hurt or weren't damaged. Today, except for where his fur still needs to grow back, you wouldn't know anything had happened to him. I am so lucky he continues to be part of my life and that got me thinking about those Mastercard commercials and how so many of them make me smile. Here is my 'priceless' commercial and I hope it makes you smile as well:



emergency vet visit - $800.00

follow-up vet visits, bandage changes and additional medications - $300.00

special stinky dog food - $35.00

peanut butter for administering pills - $3.00

being pinned to the couch by 13.5 pounds of snoring dog in your crotch - Priceless



Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Firefly Nights said...

Glad to see Alex is doing okay. I'm sure this won't make you feel any better, but I thought your vet bills were reasonable compared to what I've paid for emergency vet visits. I would have guessed closer to $2,000.