Friday, April 11, 2008

Finny & Donk's Sewing Adventure - April

The April project in the great sewing adventure is a bias cut seersucker apron. I really don't need another apron but I thought it would be a good exercise to work with a large piece of bias cut fabric. Working on the bias, which stretches like crazy, is really an exercise in restraint. I was surprised that the edges did not become all wobbly and such as I was sewing this with the recuperating Alex on my lap. Out of the scraps I created a coaster for my wine glass - a necessary accessory when I cook.. the wine that is, not the coaster!
I really enjoy working through the monthly projects. None require a ton of time or expense but each has focused on a diferent technique to accomplish usable results. It was also a great distraction yesterday when all I wanted to do was curl up with Alex while he snores his way to health. There is only so much a body can take of that so sewing was a good relief.

Alex and I need to visit the vet again tomorrow for new bandages and a check of his drains. After that I hope we can spend the afternoon in the yard enjoying what is expected to be spectacular weather.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I discovered that coaster pattern a few weeks ago and have been a bit obsessed with making it... Oh, and I'm drinking a glass of wine as I type this :)

Rue said...

That apron is adorable, but the coster is precious!! LOVE it :)

rue