Monday, July 2, 2007

More Felting Fun

Today I thought I would catch up on some things that have been hanging around waiting for me to toss or finish. First of all, from a couple of weeks ago, I crocheted a flower with a real neat bead that I felted then added to the handbag. To the left is one side of the handbag that I originally posted and on the right is a picture of the flower that was added to the other side of the handbag. I think it turned out pretty well in the end and I can't wait to try it out during a shopping trip.

I then tried to line a couple of experiments in felting that I had completed last week. First the orange and black little purse. I tried to line it so that the lining would cover the rough edges at the opening as I had trimmed it down a little. This lining experiment worked well. The actual yarn was a ball of a Lion Brand yarn that looked like wool roving. The final size was about 4" x 6" with a rounded bottom. I added velcro as a fastener which also helped to hold the lining in place. I love the way the yarn was mostly black and gray but the orange is what stands out. The second experiment had to do with me adding piping to a similar purse and leaving the raw edge exposed. This effort really failed which is too bad as I like the way the pink yarn felted. The problem was that the purse had such a small opening that it did not even fit on the arm of my sewing machine which meant a lot of slippage when attaching the lining. I probably should have attached the piping and lining by hand but I was too lazy.

1 comment:

Bristolcare said...

Wow, you are very productive!
I am impressed with the amount of work you are getting done and it all looks so lovely