Finally finished the laptop case for my son's girlfriend. They didn't want a vecro closure - just snaps or a button. I used the industrial sized snaps since we couldn't find a button. The gussett was added after it was all put together so its not as nice as I would have liked but it was needed as I messed up the measurements - I forgot the depth when I went to cut for the width of the case. The frabrics are fabulous Amy Butler prints except for the gussett which was a scrap that had been included in the Red Velvet Club Project Kit from last month. The toughest part of putting a laptop case together is getting sufficient padding into it so it actually protects the laptop. Quilt batting just doesn't give enough protection. I use headliner fabric from Hancock Fabrics which has a layer of foam padding covered with a colored fabric. It is traditionally used in coverng the ceilings of cars. It seems to work quite well for laptops as mine has been bashed around quite bit without any noticable harm. The scraps from this case went into my camera case.
On another note - here is a picture of my son Paul returning from a walk with the dogs - Alex on the right, Kimora in the middle and Kelis is lagging behind. The little park at the end of the green belt trails across the street from the house has become Alex's territory. He becomes hysterical when another dog is walked through HIS park . It's actually kind of funny as most of the other dogs in the world could eat all 12 pounds of him for breakfast.