Wednesday, May 9, 2007

What's in a Name?




Lance is a name that implies strength, speed, accuracy and precision - none of which describe the dog I have curled up, glued to my hip on the couch this evening. He still prefers the very girly decorative pillows from my bed to his manly black and white doggy bed. He cries when the reel lawn mower goes over the ratty old rubber ball that's been in the yard for almost six years. He politly wait for everyone to finish eating before seeing if there is any food left in the other food bowls. He gets very anxious when the Dyson commercial with the squeaky vaccuum cleaners comes on TV. Some how Lance just doesn't do it for me. So I am changing his name - to what I am not sure yet but Alex has been working but so has Dodo, Buddy and Butch. I'm leaning towards Alex .... as long as a friend of mine does not mind him being named the same as her her grandson. :-)



Here are a couple of pictures: sleepy puppy to the left and wide awake puppy on the right. Pretty cute don't you think?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, Lance he is not. I don't think you ever met Maximillian - the black stray cat that wandered in with severe malnutrition. Each winter he gets HUGE! He is named after the last emperor of Mexico because he was a political wimp. So how about Alexander the Great (Alex for short)for that hero of questionable "talents"? M