In January we worked on diaper covers for the Cloth Diaper Foundation. In February it was one yard hugs and this month we made baby hats, both for the local charity hospital.
And, oh baby, did we make hats!
Almost 150 in one marathon session this afternoon.
Two people cut them out from donated t-shirts and scraps from the making of t-shirt quilts.
I serged a lot of them together and our final participant used her brand new, never out of the box, several years' old, cover stitch machine to hem those hats that needed a hem added.
Here is a shot of just some of what we accomplished today:
Don't they look fabulous?
There were about 50 cut out that we never got a chance to finish and our new cover stitch expert and I will finish them up this weekend so I can deliver them with the one yard hugs on Monday.
I am so pleased that we can help with making sure that some of the babies born at this fabulous hospital will be going home with a hat and a blanket. We can't fill the need completely but we can make a dent in it.
April will not have a project as the quilt show and auction will occur on our regular date. I have put out the word to the membership of the quilt guild that we are looking for new local partners in the community so that we can have a recipient before we begin a project rather than searching for one after we finish the project.
I hope you have a pleasant weekend coming up for you and yours. I have most of the weekend mapped out to include creative sewing and income taxes.
Yeah and Yuck!