Sunday, November 7, 2010

International Quilt Festival 2010

Just a small samplng of the quilt show portion of the Quilt Festival this year.  More can be seen at quilts.com.


 Although Baltimore Album quilts leve me cold this award winning one is quite charming.
I love that the maker decorated the back of her quilt!!
 This quilt was constructed in pieces then assembled with the sections joined by knotted cording.  FABULOUS!

 I think I have some of this fabric but not the skills displayed!
 One of my teachers - Gilbert Muniz - won the garment competition.  I wonder who could fit into this corset!

A close up of the teeny tiny quilting done on most of the quilts.
Part of the show area ... in total about the size of one and a half football fields... just for showing the quilts!
That first quilt!

No comments: