Being a little OCD about these projects ( I don't want any to end up in my UFO pile!) I spent most of last week finishing up the top.
This is how it turned out:
Yes, it is right out of the sewing machine and needs a pressing.
Yes, it does not have borders and may never get them
Yes, it did turn out better than I thought it would.
Not sure how to quilt it but I envision a trellis of leaves winding its way up the beige parts like a meandering vine... or not.
Right now its about 72" x 84" which makes it an over-sized twin size quilt or a skinny queen size quilt.
I don't have enough of the original fabric to make large borders so I guess it will stay this size.
- Boring construction can yield good results. Maybe not show quality but definitey fine for a utility quilt.
- Random selction of fabrics does not yield an even distribution of fabric. There are at least four instances in this quilt top where identical fabrics are either next to each other or across from each other.
- Cutting all the fabric before you get started does not mean you need to use it all up. My OCD required me to use up almost every square inch of what I had cut for this project when I really should have tried out the basics first then decided how big I wanted it to be.
Time with quilts and time with visiting friends makes it worth the price of admission.
Have a good week!