Saturday, September 25, 2010

Halloween is Coming to Town....

okay, so it doesn't scan but Halloween has been a lot on my mind recently.

In keeping with the changing decorationg themes at Sweet Sadie's I decided to come up with a quick little quilt that screams Halloween.

What do you think?

The pattern may be called 'PS I Love You' but I was introduced to it as a quick two color wheel chair quilt.

Mine is a little larger than a wheel chair quilt and came out to approx. 45" square.  Each block is nine inches square finished and uses 3 1/2" strips of fabric.  Borders can be added but I don't think they are necessary.  It is a breeze to put together however I cheated because I just kept putting blocks together until I ran out of strip sets.

I quilted each block in the ditch and added buttons to the block's centers for extra security.

The cute (but poor quality) orange fabric came from JoAnns and the black (and great quality) is straight Kona Cotton.

This pattern could make a great I Spy type quilt with different fabrics for the little blocks and I bet it would make a great controlled scrappy quilt.

I didn't think I would get to this quilt but when I went to sew last night I had to move the dogs off of it to get to the machine.  I took the hint and finished it off.

By the way... the stuffed witch sitting on the bench will also be going to Sweet Sadie's along with some carved pumpkins and other goodies.  I did not make the witch but purchased her many years ago.  It seems odd to me that she has been sitting on my front hall bench for a few months now and Alex and the Girls have not spent any time playing with her. 

I wonder if she scares them???     

No comments: