Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Running Away From Home Tote... again

This past Saturday the Satruday Strippers, aka Strip Club, met to construct a huge tote bag.  See here for the original blog entry.

There were only three of us in the end, fewer than expected, but very congenial.

We laughed alot and solved all the problems of the world.

Here are the bags:

This is a shot of my original bag on the left, with my new bag on the right.  Since I had fewer than needed five inch square blocks for the second bag, I used some yardage for the sides and bottom.  I love the fabric from this series and I have some more yardage to make up a couple of kid quilts sometime.


This is a shot of our photographer's bag.  She loves block and white and this bag is very chic. 

 Our other participant went for bright, hand-dyed style fabrics.  I love it, especially the red she used for the straps and lining.

We all need to construct hard inserts for our bags because they look so much better swith a stiff butt.

Next time I think we are going to do a lap quilt designed by someone who works with Sunflower Quilts.  Its a lovely little quilt with ruffles down the front.  Check it out at the Moda Bakeshop

I wonder what fabric I will use?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those bags are super cute - love them! Did you use any sort of interfacing or batting/fleece in them?

Alice said...

We used one layer of fusible fleece attached to the exterior fabric. Would you like a copy of the pattern once we get it scanned into an electronic format?

Alice said...

We used one layer of fusible fleece attached to the exterior fabric. Would you like a copy of the pattern once we get it scanned into an electronic format?

Lisa said...

I'd love a copy - thanks!