Monday, October 26, 2009

In the Mail

The Victoria and Albert Museum
South Kensington
London SW7 2RL

Doesn't that sound elegant?


Selvedge magazine had a short write-up on a new series of books called V&A Pattern. The first boxed set includes four beautiful volumes of images from their collection of patterns from the 50's, William Morris, Indian Florals and Digital Pioneers. Each volume includes a disc of the images that you can download and use for your personal use in whatever way you would like. Copyright resides with the museum but I know from personal experience they are generous in giving it when credit is given where credit is due.


Is this not the most elegant set you have ever seen?


My set came from Britan but I see that it is now available from Amazon here. I also see that the second set is now scheduled for publication next June and will include Kimonos, Owen Jones, Novelty Petterns and Secret Garden. My birthday is in June....guess I'll just have to get this for myself.
It's been raining a lot today and Sweet Sadie's sprung a leak. Not a big leak but enough that when combined with monsoonal rain we closed for the day. We will be open tomorrow but it was nice to have some down time to do some seasonal decorating and catch up on some paper work. Tomorrow its back to the BBQ grind.

No comments: