Sunday, October 11, 2009

Getting Ready for the Quilt Festival

For the past few years, I have made a new badge holder each year to hold my credentials. One was purchased from ASG, one was plain black that I embellished with lots of gold spangles, two were simple Lazy Girls designs, and one looked like a rock around my neck. You can catch up on them all here. This year I thought I would see what I could do with just an idea and a couple of bits of fabric.


The concept was to make purse within a purse like the rock one, with fewer pockets and bulk to hold the bare essentials. This is what I came up with:

Lime green and bubble gum pink? I didn't even know I had these fabrics in the stash. I don't any more as I used every last bit of them making this.


The inner pocket was interfaced slightly and serged together after doing a beautiful job making it too big for the outer pocket. It holds my class list, a credit card, some mad money and my driver's license, just the basics.


The outer pocket is more heavily interfaced and holds the badge, a pen and a point turner (my favorite tool).

I finally figured out that everything I will need at the Quilt Festival will not hang comfortably around my neck. I can't see a neck pouch holding tooth picks, inhalers, allergy meds, cell phone, wipes, lip balm, hair bursh, check book, camera and any other must have stuff. All of this will accompany me in my purse/tote bag while I browse the vendor booths and view the quilts.


I think I am ready.


Next decision... what tote bag to bring.


Decisions, decisions.

No comments: