Yesterday, my need for a big trunk was definitely justified. Here's how my day went...
I left the house at 9:00 am with a purse, a tote bag of knitting books for the middle schoolers and a pair of scissors for a holiday gift swap. By the time I got home the car was stuffed with:
- two large bags of yarn donated for the middle school knitting club,
- a grocery bag of yarn and needles donated for the middle schoolers,
- another grocery bag with prescription refills,
- two more grocery bags with loot from Kohl's,
- two large white poinsettia plants,
- a Side Winder bobbin filling gadget from the gift swap,
- two fat quarters of fabric, a small recipe book, a candy cane, and three (!) door prizes (3 Daiwoo Fat quarters, a fusible wall quilt kit and a set of fusible stained glass fabric windows) from the Quilt Guild holiday party,
- a piece of jewellry bling as a holiday gift to myself
- three half empty bottled beverages,
- and a bulliten board and easel for the Quilt Guild meeting.
I got home at about 9:30 pm last night and spent at least another half hour unloading and semi-organizing everthing before dropping into bed to seep the sleep of the just.
So next time I start wondering aloud about a new, more efficient car just knock me upside the head and remind me that nothing that could carry yesterday's haul could possibly be considered energy efficient.
Have a good weekend!