Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic Recap

I can't believe that the Olympics are over. For the past few days I found myself searching the Olympic channels for some coverage. Here are a couple of observations:
  • There are some sports that realy, really weird like handball (soccer for those who can't use their feet), steeplechase (looked like the running of the serfs), and trampoline (a mother's worst nightmare).
  • Bob Costas has a nightmare making voice - don't ask!
  • Bela Karoly needs to take some drugs and English lessons.
  • Why was the gold medal basketball game shown when I wasn't watching?
  • The Brits will have a hard act to follow when it comes to quality facilities.
  • The Chinese should be ashamed about denying all political protests, using shills to fill the stands and using computerized generated, pre-recorded visuals during the opening ceremonies.
  • Limited commercial interruptions did cut down on my tidying up time.

All in all, I did enjoy them a lot. I also found that I consumed a lot of popcorn. I found a simple microwave popcorn post somewhere and have been using it ever since. The steps are:

  • put a quarter cup of plain popcorn in a lunch size brown paper bag
  • put a small fold in the top
  • staple closed with one staple
  • microwave for 2 minutes and 15 seconds
  • take out of the microwave
  • open (its hot so be careful)
  • pour into a bowl
  • add favorite add-ons
  • Enjoy!

Looks good, doesn't it? My favorite add-ons are a bit of unsalted butter and a sprinkle of salt. The chopsticks are because I hate greasy fingers. Try it during all of the political convention coverage that's coming up over the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Kathi D said...

Eating popcorn with chopsticks? That is GENIUS! Why have I never thought of it?????

You have Changed My Life today.

Junie Moon said...

I thoroughly enjoyed the Summer Olympics although the "subjective" judging in some of the events were questionable and appalling.

That's a great idea you have there for using chopsticks for the popcorn. I'll have to give that a try.