Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Into Trouble

How to get yourself into real trouble? Let me tell you a tale....

A few days ago Paul mentioned that he would like to put hard surface flooring onto the stairs and floor of the second floor of his home. He asked if we could go floor browsing together. Yesterday we went to my local big hardware store and quickly became overwhelmed with all the selections. He had decided to do the stairs first as they would be the hardest and therefore a good project to do first. BTW he has installed Pergo type floors before but nothing as complex as stairs.

We found out that the special lip pieces would take 5 - 10 business days to come in on a special order. That bummed him out as he only had part of this week available for this project. I suggested that he take samples home so he and his girlfriend could decide on the right type of wood/or fake grain. Both of us still wanted to do something so..... I am now having a fake wood floor put into my bedroom today and probably part of tomorrow as well.

So far I have moved out everything I can move on my own and started to set up the chop saw to cut the planks. I say started because, for some unknown reason, I can't get the blade switched out. When he gets here, not only will we need to finish moving furniture, get the blade installed correctly but we also need to rip out the old carpet. Did I say today and tomorrow? Probably the rest of the week.

Now, if I could just get him to get out of bed and get here we could get started.

Trouble? you don't know the half of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute - so you're putting new flooring in your bedroom because YOU'RE BORED?! Wow, you can come be bored at my house.