Friday, May 30, 2008

Puzzle Blouse - Update

I finally hemmed my second attempt at the Puzzle Blouse. The original was based on a 38" x 40" rectangle of a very light weight linen. This second attempt is based on a 36"x 40 " rectangle - 36" to go around me, 40" for the length. As everything is on the bias these measurements may seem a bit off but they seem to work. Now that I have worn it for most of a day I am now thinking that I take take it down another couple of inches in the width and play around with the armholes.. The too bright pictures below are an attempt to see what a sleeveless verion might look like. As I only folded the extra fabric under my bra strap its not a true rendition of what it would look like but its close. I think I should make another template, for the armhole, to go with my template for the neck and have another go at it.


The fabric was from Laura's Fabrics and Gifts from her big sale last week. Its just a simple quilting cotton but I love the little pattern. I serged all the raw edges and used one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine to secure the hems and sew down the seam allowances.

I can't believe I am playing around with this pattern so much. There's just something about playing with bias for a simple top that is totally intriguing to me. I think the next one I try will be cut a bit narrower but in a cotton knit. How does pink sound? I have some in my stash... if I can find it.


Have a great weekend!

No comments: