Sunday, March 23, 2008

UFO #8

As I was looking for a particular piece of fabric the other day I kept finding the same half finished wall quilt. As I tossed it aside for the 45th time in as many days, I realized that it wasn't in the way but it was begging to be completed. I bought this as a kit at the International Quilt Festival and thought it would go nicely in my Asian themed guest room. Well, my guest room still has no theme (the current working theory is that it should be themed as a NYC cool gray, beige, black loft space) but the quilt has been completed.
The pattern was called something like Shanghai Sunset and is primarily done using fusible web. When I decided to finish it everthing had been fused and the red medallion in the lower left hand corner had been quilted down. The final size, after quilting and washing, is about 48" sqaure. I am so glad it is done and that I do not need to keep tossing it out of the way when I look for other things to do. I will be hanging it it the stairwell to help keep some of the air conditioning upstairs during those long and hot summer days that are just around the corner.

BTW - the stairwell has no theme either.. which could be a theme in and of itself.

1 comment:

Junie Moon said...

I'm so glad you finished your wall quilt project. It looks wonderful. I have some projects set aside that I need to pay attention to also. You have inspired me to dig them out and take care of getting them done.