Saturday, March 1, 2008

UFO #7

I finally finished quilting one of the two quilts that I created for the daughters of a friend of my father. It took me almost seven hours to get it done and it has been complete and utter torture. Needles broke, thread broke, bobbins disintegrated and the backing bunched. Even though I was ready to throw in the towel many times I kept going and now I am very pleased with the results. The quilt is the mostly rectangular one and the mostly square still needs basting and quilting. The incredibly weird thing abut all this is that after binding and washing it I think it looks really good. The original post is here if you would like to refresh your memory.
You may remember that I was worrying over whether to call this qult, and the other, UFOs becuase I didn't do all the sewing. With the torture of the quilting behind me on this one I believe both of these quilts will make it on my list of completed UnFinished Objects from previous years. I am giving it away tomorrow with the two pillows I made from the left over blocks. I do feel some guilt over only having one quilt done but there is only so much you can do.
The top sausage shaped one was to go with the quilt I just finished while the other is for the one I have not completed. The top pillow form came from a set of three I picked up somewhere while the square cushion form is a leftover from a long ago failed project.

One UFO down, several zillions to go.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful!