Saturday, March 29, 2008

Serendipity

Don't you love it when a plan, you didn't even know you had, comes together?

Last week I was at the Spring Branch neighborhood ASG group. During Show and Tell someone mentioned that they were making a new outfit for the special ASG event next weekend. My thought at the time was that they were really compulsive about not wearing the same outfit twice and forgot all about it.

Skip forward a couple of days and I am happily refolding fabric to be stored again in all the new space I have created. Two pieces of fabric ended up on the bed beside each other and they looked great together.

Light bulb goes off! I could make an outfit for the event this coming weekend. I can become part of the world that always has something new to wear to an ASG Event.

Here's the fabric (after Alex tried to make a nest out of it):
I think I can make a simple dress and jacket combo with the madras cotton print as the dress and the solid linen as a jacket.

And, since I have not posted any pictures of Alex and the girls in a while here is one of them lying on some fabric last night hoping that I won't make them move:

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Those fabrics are absolutely georgeous - can't wait to see how it turns out!