Friday, March 28, 2008

Black and White

This post is not about politics or important moral issues. Sorry, I'm just not up for that especially as my doggie allergy is in full bloom today. Then again, it may be my grass allergy as I did cut it today. Anyway, my head is full of fog and the post nasal drip is beginning to get to me.

This post is really about all the wonderful black and white fashions I have seen in the lastest issues of Vogue. Lots and lots of black and white dresses and other graments, some times, with random splashes of other colors, other times, just a fabulous print. I love block and white dresses as one of my favortes when growing up was a summer dress that my mother said was made out of handkerchief linen. It had a big full skirt (great for twirling) and the overall pattern was a large paid.

I am on a diet from the stores right now but I may just pick-up a Jones New York number I saw when it goes on sale in a couple of months. Until then, I will just have to make something myself to fill this need. Here is the bag I made:
The pattern is in the Australian Magazine Patchwork & Stitching and was forwarded to me by a fellow ASG member after seeing a similar bag from Taiwan. The Taiwanese bag was made from wonderful silk squares which were only about 3" square. My bag used a packet of 5" square charm squares. Even the handles used the charm squares set on the diagonal. I couldn't find a black or white button loop without cutting up more fabric so I used a bright pink pony tail holder instead. That 'inspired' me to paint some of the florals with a pink textile marker from Kuretake. I see myself keeping the marker with me when I use the bag so I can do some more coloring while beng bored waiting for appointments. This bag will hold a lot as the bottom is more rounded like a sack rather than flat like most bags.

Inspired by Vogue, translated from the Chinese, explained by the Austrailians and executed by a Texan... this bag has travelled farther than I ever have or will in this lifetime.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Torteach said...

Is there a pattern for this bag that I can easily get? love it.

Thanks