Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scarf UFO#5

While I am not sewing and avoiding cleaning up from the HVAC project, I picked up my knitting needles and finished the scarf I started before I went to Canada a few months ago. I talked about the great texture here with that super simple basket weave pattern. Here's how it turned out:
For some reason even though I used identical amounts of yarn, between the navy and the pink, I ended up with much less pink than navy for the fringe. Maybe Alex snatched some of the pink and hid it away.

Other knitting news - I was given some fake mohair like yarn yesterday in some wonderful colors. I wanted to try knitting with it in a lace patten. Using the book 101 Designer One Skein Wonders, I tried for the Lacey Cowl. I, obviously, am not competent enough to work with this stuff yet as I kept loosing track of what was the base yarn and what was just concentrated fuzz. After six different attempts at casting on and about four rows of knitting this is the mess I produced.
It was supposed to be knitted in the round but I just couldn't get it join without twisting the cast on row. Guess I will just have to practice some more before attempting this again OR I could always combine it with other yarns for another weird scarf.
BTW, Alex and the girls were at Paul's for the past week or so while workmen were here and then for a few days as R&R, for them and me. Anyway, they are back now and can't figure out what's going on with the new sewing space. I think Alex is trying to tell me something here with his skepical look at the comfy rocking chair. If there was a thought balloon above his head I think it would say 'She wants me to sit where?.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks great! Congratulations on finishing a UFO.

Your Secret [Hot Cocoa Swap] Pal