Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No Sewing... rats!

I live in a two story house and, like many homes in the south, most of my AC and furnace stuff is in the attic. In my case, it is in the attic over the garage. As I had all that stuff replaced on Monday and Tuesday I had to make sure that there was easy access to that space. Unfortunately my sewing machine and a ton of related stuff was in front of the door leading to the over garage attic. I had to move it all out of there and onto the guest room bed. I won't show you what the bed looks like, don't want to cause any coronary events! BUT here is a picture of my space without all the stuff:

When I get it all put back together, with a couple of changes, I will post another photo. And before you ask, I do have two lamps on most of the time - one is an OTT light which is great for matching colors and the other is a tensor lamp for general lighting. There is a sky light and an east facing window so there is pretty good natural light during the day but, since I hate ceiling lights in the evening, the lamps are a necessity.

Eye candy is important to me. The art is a Bob Conge print of James Joyce (a garage sale find), some Matise prints from an Abrams art book and the 1943 presentation print from the Rochester Art League called Winter Sun (off to the right of the photo). I also have a buletin board up, crammed with bits and pieces. I recently removed the bulletin board so I could remove some of the older layers. I was having trouble getting the push pins through all the detrius left over from when I was using the space as my work-at-home office!


Although I call it my sewing room my kid called it a studio the other day. Gave my heart a little flutter to think that I had a studio as that is a place where real artists work. Sometimes I think it should be called the sweat shop with my recent obsession to get things finished.

Anyway, I will not be machine sewing for a bit until I get it all back together. I hope it won't take too long.


Hope your week is going well!

No comments: