Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I've been tagged!

Tagging feels like a right of passage in the blogging world. If you have never been tagged then you just haven't made it. Well, I got tagged the other day by Jon over at Bits n Pieces. but I still don't think I made it LOL.

Here are the rules:Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a notification on their blog.

Well, here are seven random facts about me:

1. I have a lump on my head from some sort of childhood injury. I used to call it my tumor just to get my mother mad.

2. I have rotten, crooked teeth. While growing up, Flouride was not allowed in the town water as the local pharmacist said it would give us all brain tumors (seems like a theme). On top of that, my parents did not see any reason for us to see a dentist regularly so I never saw one from the age of 6 to the age of 12.

3. I have always wanted a pick-up truck and a Miata in my driveway. I used to have a pick-up truck but no Miata .. although a 77 year-old friend of mine just bought one.

4. My son is adopted from Korea and, from the day we decided to initiate the paperwork, it took nine months for him to arrive.

5. I was born on a cold, frosty morning in June.

6. I went to boarding school at convents from sixth grade until I went to university.

7. I met my (now ex) husband at a sit-in.

Now to find seven others to get tagged...
Lisa at Mamalife which is a great blog by a mom who had a child later in life and does great entries on food, child happiness and the state of the world.
Kristen at Craft Leftovers who blogs every week with a new project from a 50 year-old in a 24 year-old's body.
June at Junie Moon who is the most productive person I have ever seen who also gives the nicest compliments to others with completed projects.
Patricia at A Little Hut who is another Kingwood resident and a fabulously creative paper recycler.
David at Antarctic Diary which just facinates me every time I check on what he has been dong and the fabulous pictures of the Antarctic fauna. I even have a friend in Canada who calls me just to make sure I have seen his latest post.
and, last, but not least, Bristolcare at Critter Keeper who entertains me mightily with the tales about all her critters including the ignoble Princess, the greyhound who chews everything.

3 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I love the honesty in your list and will try to be as interesting in creating mine since I'm now tagged.

Your "about me" manifesto is right on the money: "a day that includes some creative time is a day worth documenting."

Jonco said...

Hey.... you did good! Fine job with the seven things. Thanks for playing!
Jonco
P.S. Good luck with that "tumor".

Lisa said...

"Later in Life" - thanks a lot! LOL! Okay, I'll try to think of some bizarre facts about me (there are probably so many it will be hard to choose only 7) and put it up in the next couple of days...