Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Red Velvet Cake Kit Club

I mentioned a while back that I found a blog called the Red Velvet Cake Kit Club. I was intrigued so I ordered the most recent kit. What a lot of goodies I got in the mail today. I made the apron up this afternoon between rounds with Alex the dog trying to steal various things from the sewing room... including cedar blocks (now tooth picks), bead tubes (now just beads) and fabric scraps (still scraps, just wet). In the package came some beautiful fabrics, blue felt, 6 sheets of scrap book type card stock from 7 Gypsies, a Bazzill mini photo album, DMC floss, black rick rack and some number rubber stamps from Bam Pop. Here is what I have done so far:
I made the apron which has three pockets, each big enough to use for stashing a ball of yarn when knitting. I added to it a felt scissors holder and tied the scissors on it with the floss made into a twisted cord. The album came in basic black and I have added some of the papers to it plus some red raffia I had hanging around. The rest of the papers are shown in the lower right and the photo does not due them justice. Fun for the feeble minded... maybe. A sense of satisfaction after a very frustrating day with almost no voice and an active dog... definitely!!

No comments: