Friday, May 25, 2007

Free People Travel Swap

I completed my project for the Free People Travel Swap today. The good news is that I had to purchase very little, the bad news is that I had to purchase very little. I was able to use stash fabrics however, in the process of using them, I ended up with a whole bunch of scraps that I will need to recycle. I have a feeling that I could just keep going and going like the energizer bunny as, it seemed, that I would complete one item with even more ideas for another item for the swap.


Here are two photos of the contents that I packed up today.


I Iinterpreted the Travel theme a little differently than others in the swap. I believe that even a trip to the market can be an adventure. Your fancy clutch could hold a passport and travel documents but it can also hold your grocery coupons. Having a map of Alaska in the carrier could mean you are trying to get from point A to point B on a road that is only seasonally available or it could mean that its a dream destination. The whole package contains a carrier for your car, a clutch, a notebook, a sewing kit, a magic card case and some maps of far away places. Items good for running errands or taking a plane to the other side of the world.

2 comments:

mamalife said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH..... I LOVE that bag! Would you consider either sharing the pattern or making and selling one to me???

Rodrigo said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.