Friday, May 25, 2007

Free People Travel Swap

I completed my project for the Free People Travel Swap today. The good news is that I had to purchase very little, the bad news is that I had to purchase very little. I was able to use stash fabrics however, in the process of using them, I ended up with a whole bunch of scraps that I will need to recycle. I have a feeling that I could just keep going and going like the energizer bunny as, it seemed, that I would complete one item with even more ideas for another item for the swap.


Here are two photos of the contents that I packed up today.


I Iinterpreted the Travel theme a little differently than others in the swap. I believe that even a trip to the market can be an adventure. Your fancy clutch could hold a passport and travel documents but it can also hold your grocery coupons. Having a map of Alaska in the carrier could mean you are trying to get from point A to point B on a road that is only seasonally available or it could mean that its a dream destination. The whole package contains a carrier for your car, a clutch, a notebook, a sewing kit, a magic card case and some maps of far away places. Items good for running errands or taking a plane to the other side of the world.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHH..... I LOVE that bag! Would you consider either sharing the pattern or making and selling one to me???