Sunday, May 1, 2011

Letting the Fabric do the talking

While deciding on which fabrics to use in the making of wheel chair bags this month I came across a piece of fabric that I have no idea where or how I acquired it.


It is a mystery fabric with no information on the selvedges about the manufacturer or fabric content.


It is very light weight with a lovely drape and I knew immediately what to make with it... another bog coat.



In less that an hour here is how it came out:


It needs a press and I may add a closure but it does work the way it is and it definitely honors the 4,000 year old bog coat tradition.


I have a lot of posts of bog coats but if you need a reminder, extensive instructions are here.


Also, check out the current Threads magazine for even more no waste projects.



No comments: