Saturday, April 2, 2011

Workshop Houston Update

This afternoon Workshop Houston had their Spring pop-up shop event and I had a chance to spend a little bit of time wandering around seeing what damage i could do to my bank account.


I was disappointed that I did not see any of the kids I have worked with but, then again, I wasn't there more than twenty minutes so that doesn't mean they weren't there at another time.


I did get to see some of the board members and lust after some spectacular silent auction items.


The best part of my brief visit wast that I got to buy one of the reversible tote bags that the kids made.  The construction is based on my easy reversible tote instructions changed to eliminate the bagged bottom.


The best part is that the kids silk screened the fabric so that a logo is visible whichever way you use it.


Isn't this a neat tote bag!


Side one - green canvas with navy and purple silk screens.

Side 2 - orange canvas with light blue and purple logo.

I was busting with pride that I had taught this tote bag construction to the kids and the Style Shop coordinator and that they had done such an excellent job constructing the bags.

I hope this program can keep going.  It is a huge undertaking and needs all our help.  For now I will keep showing up and helping these kids get excited about sewing.


No comments: