Sunday, April 3, 2011

New York Star

See me doing a happy dance?


Okay, just imagine it.


I am doing a happy dance because I was given a project to do on Wednesday and finished it Friday night.


What took so little time and spurred me to a quick completion?


A group of friends are making a quilt top using blocks from Carol Doak's book 50  Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars.



Each of the stars is based one of the states and each of us has chosen a state star to complete. 


The style of the stars unifies the overall design and we will each use two fabrics that are identical from block to block.  In this case the blocks will all have a black on gray background fabric and a yellow on yellow central motif. 


I chose New York and here is how my came out:


It really is square but my picture taking wasn't up to it this morning.  I really must learn about foreshortening!


Anyway, I am so happy to have project in and out of the house in less than a week.


See, I'm doing a happy dance all the way to the next project on the list... more baby hats!



No comments: