Sunday, June 20, 2010

Etsy Houston Party

Last night was the first party for Etsy sellers who work out of Houston.  Esty is this great marketplace where small makers can sell their products on-line without a huge investment in a stand alone store front.  In addition, sellers can find you by searching for products without your wares getting buried by big stores in standard google searches.

The party was a chance for Etsy sellers here to meet each other, try new crafty techniques and for poeple like me, to bask in their creativity.

One of the makers I met was Sharon who makes small art quilts for sale on Etsy.  Her blog is here and I love her little creations.  They are delightful, slices-of-life that would brighten any empty corner of my home.

Check out Sharon and her store and while you are in Etsy, check out some of the other makers I enjoy visiting like b*bags, Craft Leftovers and heather fish. 

I don't think you will be disappointed.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey thanks for the plug! I'd love to participate in something like that here! Been re-stocking my Etsy shop lately too :)

Unknown said...

Hey Alice! How totally sweet of you. I've been away and just got back to visit your blog. Hope we can meet up again sometime!
Sharon aka ArtL8dy