Thursday, December 24, 2009

Humphrey Bogart Socks

Yesterday there was a Humphrey Bogart festival on television. I love him, especially when he played opposite Lauren Bacall.



Knowing that there would be some serious movie watching going on here I decided it was about time to finish a pair of socks that have been on my to-do list for a couple of months now.



What do you think....



There really is another one I just couldn't figure out how to get both of them on the chair without Alex and the Girls jumping on me.



The yarn is wool with aloe in it. I think the aloe is to make the wool softer to wear.



These were knit from the toe up and include a bunch of cables. Fortunately the yarn's colors hide any mistakes I made in the knitting. I've worn them all day and have now realized that they do not go with any of the shoes I own so I guess they will be house socks for now.


Another UFO done.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Alice, It takes me months to finish a pair of socks. You must be quite the knitter to finish a pair in a day.

Anita H