Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Did My Mom Read This?

A friend sent this to me via e-mail... an actual article from 1955 that was published in Good Housekeeping Magazine. This is a copy of the original scan:




We may not agree or follow all the rules but I can point to many, many female friends who still strive to meet these rules. We all worry about whether the kids and house are clean, the table tops dusted, school supplies organized, dinner ready and that a calm atmosphere permeates our homes. We may feel our place has changed over time but we still believe that the women of a household are the home makers even if we don't wear pearls, stockings and pretty shirt waisted dresses.

If you would like a copy of the original e-mail (which is definitely more legible) send me a note at anjoae at msn dot com (substituting the at and dot with @ and .!).

Thanks to the lovely Judith for this eye opening e-mail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This will work provided that my house allowance is $5 million a year and he doesn't ask me what I do with it or where I am the nights he doesn't come home.
The quene