Friday, May 8, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is...

in the nineties with no clouds and high humdity!



What is a girl to do?



Knit socks of course!



I just finished socks number two and three in my sock knitting history and I love them!



Pretty cute, right?


Although I won't be wearing them outside for the next few months, I will be wearing them in the house as the tile floors are very cold when the air conditioner is on. The yarn was varigated and made such a great pattern that some people thought I was using multiple colors of yarn rather than just one.


I am so pleased with these I just might start another pair this weekend.


Sock number one, you ask? It was so badly done that it would be better off filled with a roll of quarters and used as a sap than worn on anyone's feet.

Why socks, you ask? My son, many years ago, wanted to knit his own socks so that he could get ones that would fit his short, wide feet. I bought him a bunch of materials and they never got used. Now that I know what I am doing he may get interested in sock knitting again.

How cool is that? A cute thirty year-old Asian man knitting his own socks.

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Have a good weekend!




No comments: