- a neat little gadget for transferring things from one bottle to another without losing a drop,
- Batiked quilt backing fabric to be used in a garment,
- Paper piecing book for a new garment,
- a cheap Quilt-in-a-cup substitute from Hobby Lobby,
- patterns and fabric I never even noticed at the Festival and
- a cute book from Japan using orphan socks in projects.
I was also given a chance to show of my latest Bog Coat creation. While I was in Toronto recently I got the chance to go to the Creativity Festival. It was a shadow of its former self and I was thoroughly dissappointed by the show. I even left before it closed for the night,.... something that was unthinkable when I used to go many years ago. Anyway, I stopped at a booth called Mac Fabrics which I believe is used in Canada's version of Project Runway. I noticed a very distressed fabric and immeadiately realized that it would make a great Bog Coat. Check this out..
And here's a close-up of the fabric...
It really did come off the bolt that way! For one yard of fabric I can't believe how well this turned out. I've already worn it a few times and the combination of the silk (I think) underfabric and the funky denim overlay makes for a very comfortable garment. I really must try to make it to their store the next time I am up North.
I hope your weekend is going well. Although I do enjoy the bright sunny days we have been having I am so looking forward to the rain predicted for next week.