Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finny & Donk's Sewing Adventure Oct/Nov

The final challenge of this year's Finny and Donk's Sewing Adventure was to sew a greeting card. I needed to write a thank you note so I took this opportunity to try sewing on card stock. Although I have free motion quilted many times before, sewing on card stock is very different. Here's what I came up with - Front and interior shots:



Not the most beautiful project - I might need to do a little painting on it to hide my sewing troubles because the stitches kept falling into the card stock. As I am cheap, I will probably use it no matter what. The book we used this year - Jocelyn Worrall's 'Simple Gifts to Stitch' - still has a couple of projects I would try for gifts but quilte frankly I am glad this year's adventure is over. Of the projects completed, I believe there were a couple I loved (the three pocket tote and bias apron) and several that seemed pretty lame (the button scarf and the card and kid stuff) and one that still challenges me (the skirt).

I wonder what will be the adventure next year?

Whatever it is, I will probably participate again as it is all about trying new things. In a rut or feeling down? Try the FADSW. It will distract you from your troubles and you might actually learn something. Until then... keep sewing!

1 comment:

FinnyKnits said...

Challenge! This project was a challenge!

*Sigh* We try, right?

Stay tuned for next year's adventure. I predict that we'll enjoy it more than this year's adventure. ;)