Friday, June 6, 2008

Bog Coat Fun Continues

I attended the Kingwood Area Quilt Guild meeting last night. Besides being nominated for the role of Corresponding Secretary on the Board I was completely blown away by the bog coat one of the members of the Wearables Bee created. During our meeting last month I presented a brief how-to on Bog Coats. One of our group was looking for a simple jacket to create for a wedding and the Bog Coat seemed like a great idea. She used blocks from a Mary Mashuta workshop the month before and this is what she came up with:

Doesn't she look wonderful! There is no batting in it so it is quite light weight. The lining is a wonderful orange batik fabric. I especially liked the way she attached the bias binding - instead of tediously hand sewing the front side she used a wavy sttch on her sewing machine to make sure it was all firmly secured. Her final jacket for the special occasion will be made out of silk. I can't wait to see it.


On a personal note, I must admit I was very puffed up with pride to see someone take something I had taught and turning it into a great garment. I know I had nothing to do with the actual construction, and my color sense may have a lot to be desired, but I walked around all evening with a big grin on my face after seeing her coat. I better watch out or I will start taking credit for all the good stuff out there.

Have a great weekend! I hope that I wil be able to get a post up on the great class I took today with Gabrielle Swain today. You will be amazed!

No comments: