Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wristlet Swap Update

As part of the Bag Ladies Swap Flickr Group we swapped wristlets in March. I foolishly did not take a picture of what I sent out but Meg did. You can see what I made here and here . I must admit that I am inordinately pleased with this project. I have had that butterfly counted thread piece completed for a long time. It was orginally created as a needle case or an evening bag but it seemed too fancy for another needle case and too small for an evening bag. Every once in a while I would rediscover it and try to incorporate it into a current project. When the wristlet swap came along I knew I had the perfect project. The butterfly actually wraps around the bottom of the brown cordura nylon bag. The bag is about 6" x 8" and is attached to a wooden and brass bangle so the whole thing can dangle from your wrist. I used some stash silk to attach the bangle to the bag and to line it as well.

I think I am going to go through my stash of completed pieces to see if there are any others that I can use in other projects. This could be fun ... or embarassing when I see how much I have stored away!

No comments: