Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Peace T-shirts

I mentioned previously that Kelli over at AfricanKelli was collecting t-shirts to be given away during her trips overseas this summer. I committed to making two but it took me until today to get them in the mail. I machine embroidered/appliqued snails on the butts of two onsies. I think any little kid will look cute crawling around with a snail on their behind. I had originally planned on doing the work on the chests of the t-shirts but realised that one - I couldn't figure out how to get the onsies into the hoop and two - that the embroidery could be itchy. They fit on the butt easily and any itchiness will be absobred by diapers. I hope Kelli is able to fit them into her luggage for her first trip this summer.

See more t-shirts that Kelli has received for this project here.

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

These are adorable and will be much appreciated. I was glad to participate in this worthwhile project, too. It feels good, doesn't it?

Lisa said...

Those are sooooo adorable!!!!