Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Serendipity UPDATE

I put together the dress on Sunday from the Coni Crawford Magic Dress Pattern. It's a simple scooped neck, short sleeved, shift type dress. Although my pattern doesn't seem to have any construction instructions it was very simple to put together. It has two slits on the sides for ease of walking. After I put it together I tried it on and found that the front and back of the dress both pulled to the center front making a wierd V. I tried to solve it by zigzagging the slits together. That solved the V thing but then showed that there was this huge frigging bulge at the upper thighs. I am now trying to figure out how to re-cut and re-sew the sides to eliminate the bulges.

Not all is lost - yet! the top of the dress fits very well and I think that is due to the minimal shaping at the bust line so that you don't need darts for a good fit.

If all else fails, this dress may become a top with an elastic waist skirt.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I started out my sewing days with clothes. But that is exactly why I rarely do so anymore... you never know how something will fit until you have already put the time, effort, and money into it. And it is so frustrating when after all of that you are not happy with the outcome!