Friday, February 1, 2008

Wonky Knitting

A couple of weeks ago I was in Twisted Yarns with a friend and saw some wonderful yarn in the sale bin. The yarn I found was chenille-like with wonderful, rich fall colors. I bought a couple of balls of ths yarn by Colinette in the color way Autumn Leaves. The concept was to make a smallish triangular shawl to wear when my shoulders are sore. The shawl went quickly but once I bound off I found the sides were too tight and too long and the depth was too short. Don't know what I did wrong but its not really a shawl... more like a wonky stole at about six feet wide and two feet deep at its deepest. Here's what it looks like:
The string at the bottom of the picture is where I began with only 4 stitches. The idea was that the whole thing would be a huge triangle rather than curling up on itself. I still love the colors so I will clean up the tails and add a tassel with the leftovers. Maybe that will give it a little flair so I don't feel so dumpy trying to keep my shoulders limber when my bursitis is acting up .... I can only hope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try passing the first stitch in the row as to purl, then doing whatever with the rest of the row. It will force that first stitch to be a little looser/larger and it might not tighten up on you so much. Martha