Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spring Things

I was truly in the dumps the other day and just had to make a little something that said spring to me. I found some stash fabric from Judy Robertson's Just Imagination that screamed Spring at me and made a pouch type bag that was illustrated in the newest Sew Stylish project magazine.
Although I think it came out really well for a spur of the moment project I now know I will never make another one like it as the bag is just too blaw/wimpy to use. I've seen similar bags in other books and I was curious about the functionality. Now I know. I may try adding a strap but I don't really have enough to make a beefy enough strap to slavage this project. BUT it does scream spring so mission accomplished I say.

In my quest for spring I found this bracelet I had made last year based on the Art Girlz wool bead bracelet I made two years ago at Quilt Festival. In this version I used fabric that was fused to itself and cut into little tiny squares as the 'focus' beads. The bigger beads were in my stash left over from an old project, and the button is from an old button sample card. I used Beadalon wire, some old seed beads and a few crimp beads to finish it all off. I'm kind of proud of this project - it didn't take a long time to do, its nice and light to wear and its definitely one of a kind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I scanned the pages of that gift edition of Sew Stylish. Interesting ideas but I didn't purchase. Was afraid I'd bomb on the projects being a newbie. Thanks for the constant inspiration!

Jennifer H